Updated: Feb 16, 2021
Since the beginning of my career in Training and Development over two decades ago, the most common and frequent training need that people have expressed to me have been Communication and Time Management.
A Google search for the word 'communication' brings up more than 241 million results - making it one of the most searched terms in the field of T&D. You will find thousands of videos and online tutorials on everything there is to know and learn about communication.
Then, why do you need these tutorials, when the first thing you learnt as a child was to communicate?
Because what probably you remember about communication is - speaking.
Many parents and managers come to me for helping their children or employees to improve their communication so that they can talk more aggressively and express freely.
It’s a myth that those who speak freely, fluently and aggressively are better communicators. They could be more audible but not necessarily better understood.
In reality, an effective communication involves ability to express, verbally or otherwise, your ideas and opinions in an articulate manner while listening to, observing, and understanding others.
And just like any other skill, it needs to be learnt and practiced.
The most critical part of any conversation that renders it effective or ineffective is not how well/fast/fluently you can speak or how many difficult words you can use but how well you can present your thoughts, engage your listeners, and most importantly, listen.
The purpose of communication is to be understood and understand others.
As a trainer and coach, I spend almost 70% of my time helping people in learning and improving communication and related topics such as interpersonal skills, listening skills, questioning skills, presentation skills, conflict management, public speaking, interview skills, selling skills, leadership and management skills, and so on.
In this and subsequent posts over the next 2-3 weeks, I shall share my own learnings about communication as well as the challenges and experiences of real-time clients on the subject.
The purpose is to help you understand and learn:
● The true meaning of effective communication;
● The processes and types of communication;
● Components of effective communication:
● Tools of effective communication;
● Skills and behaviors of a good communicator; and
● How to be an effective communicator.
So, if you:
● Believe or have been given feedback that you need to improve your communication;
● Get into confrontations too often with co-workers or friends;
● Feel shy or have low self-confidence to express yourself in front of strangers;
● Feel scared to make a presentation or speak in front of a group;
● Have a negative self-image that others will judge you;
● Don't feel confident to make a presentation to your customers or bosses;
● Have frequent fights with a friend, spouse, or family member;
● Are scared to face a job interview or participate in a group discussion;
● Have negative thoughts about yourself due to lack of ability to speak in English;
● Want to seamlessly negotiate a business deal with a customer or vendor;
Or face similar situations, this is for you.
Learn to be an Effective Communicator and Influence Anyone to achieve your purpose.
Continue to visit this page for further updates on Communication.
Sign up for a complete 8 hrs. course with me.
Call me at 87796 20761; WhatsApp me at 98692 29424
#communication #communicationskills #effectivecommunication #listening #questioning #bodylanguage #teammanagement #leadership #motivation #relationships #conflicts #interpersonalskills #trust #stress #morale #selfdevelopment #selfimprovement #coaching #selfprojection #selfconfidence #presentationskills #publicspeaking #coachsuniel #lifecoaching